Autism on the Seas is an amazing cruise program put together by Alumni Cruises that puts together Autism group cruises. They specialize in travel for families and adults with autism.
Currently, Autism on the Seas is offering 4 upcoming cruises in 2008.
- January 2008 Bahamas Cruise
- March 2008 Mexico Cruise
- June 2008 Bahamas, St. Thomas & St. Maarten Cruise
- August 2008 Bermuda Cruise
What amazes me about Autism on the Seas is what they offer for features. Check this out:
- Professional Autism Staff for the Group
- Autism Awareness Cruise Staff
- Professional Medical Physicians and Nurses
New!! - Priority Boarding onto Ship
New!! - Priority Disembarkation from Ship
New!! - Private Muster Drill Area
- Special Dietary Accommodations
- Service Animals Permitted
Access and Services for People with Disabilities
- Private Group Family Party
- Private Movie Showings
- Private Sea Animal Bingo
New!! - Private Adventure Ocean Activities
New!! - Private Ship Facility Entertainment Sessions
- Special Adventure Ocean Child Grouping
New!! - Private Group Karaoke
New!! - Pool (water related) Activities
- Flashlight Scavenger Hunt
- Adults with Autism Social Gatherings
- Teen Social Gatherings
- Sibling Activities
- Parent's Play Time
- Private Dining Room
- Early Dinner Seating with group (Early Dining)
- Special Gifts
- Special Potty Training Provisions
- Special Children's Program Grouping Rules
- Most "Special" Requests and Needs met
- All of the regular services and activities on board
Royal Caribbean Cruises
Autism on the Seas has a great page on their site that shares reviews from past cruisers and also lists many of the services and activities that were offered on their recent July 2007 cruise. This list alone makes the service worth every penny! Cruising with an autistic child or adult could never be easier.
- Priority Embarkation - no lines, no waiting!!
- Private Muster Drill Area - no crowds, no commotion
- Priority Disembarkation - get off the ship first and find your luggage FAST!
- Hand Picked Dining Wait Staff - WHOA!!! Talk about special treatment!
- Special Menu Requests - For families with special dietary needs, this is HUGE!
- Reserved Seating and Section for Shows in the Theater - makes it a truly enjoyable experience for all
There's so much more....you can check out a larger list of perks, see pictures from the July 2007 cruise and read cruiser reviews by clicking here: Cruise Review